Dr. Garner, Dr. Nichols, and our team at Garner & Nichols Dental work hard to help you keep your teeth healthy and strong for life. Certain cases, however, may require the removal (extraction) of a tooth to improve your oral health. You can rest assured that our dentist will not recommend tooth extraction in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, unless it is truly the best possible option for improving the function and health of your smile. We may suggest tooth extraction if:
- A tooth is so severely damaged or decayed that an effective restoration with a filling or crown is not possible
- A significant portion of the tooth and supporting bone structure has been destroyed by infection
- A tooth is impacted (stuck in the gum tissues and jawbone)
- There is not enough room for all of the teeth to properly fit in the mouth, resulting in crowding
- A primary tooth (baby tooth) is not falling out as usual and is blocking the way for erupting permanent teeth
Our dentist will make certain that your tooth extraction is as comfortable as possible, and we are happy to provide you with a tooth replacement after your extraction if needed. For more information, we welcome you to call or visit us today. We are committed to providing the care you need for a healthy smile!