If you have lost a single missing tooth or a couple of teeth in a row, our dentist may recommend a fixed (non-removable) restoration called a dental bridge. Fixed restorations are often preferred by our patients because they will not come loose or shift in your mouth. The dental bridge includes a pontic, or artificial tooth, which is held in place by two dental crowns. These crowns are placed on the neighboring natural teeth or dental implants for stability. When in place, a bridge can improve your smile by:
- Replacing your missing teeth and giving you a complete smile once again
- Preventing the remaining teeth from drifting out of place
- Alleviating uneven stress and pressure on the bite
- Replacing an unwanted removable partial denture
- Improving your ability to properly eat, chew, and speak
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
Your dental bridge will be created from molds and impressions of your teeth to ensure that it precisely fits your smile, providing an aesthetic, comfortable restoration. In as few as two visits to our office, you can restore your smile with a natural-looking bridge. For more information and to set up your consultation with Dr. Garner and Dr. Nichols we invite you to call or visit us today at [practice_name].